Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday Meditation

I've decided to add a new feature of the week -- (thank you again Maureen for the continued inspiration!). This one is for Sunday mornings: Sunday Meditation.

Sunday meditation will begin with a quote -- something meditative -- and then a brief post on what the quote means for me and an invitation for you to sink into 'the seat of your soul' as Gary Zukav calls it.

I invite you to take a deep breath, read the following and then let your mind come to rest gently in the vessel of your heart. Let your heart soften as you sink gently into the altar of your magnificence within as you quiet and become One with your holiness.
Why is it so difficult for us to see that our search for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is only hiding the fact that we are both the rainbow and the gold? Gerald G. Jampolsky, M.D. Forgiveness: The Greatest Healer Of All.
This morning, the A Course of Miracles lesson from Miracles One was: "There is nothing my holiness cannot do."

I breathed into the words, let the ears of my heart open up to deep listening, let the meaning of the words become the words within me. As I let myself sink into the altar of my holiness, I let go of my resistance to not 'think it through' and let myself sink into being at one with the words. At one with the stillness within me. As I quietened my mind, I felt myself sink into that beautiful place of wanting nothing, needing nothing, being nothing other than who I am.

Since childhood we are taught, that at the end of the rainbow is a pot of gold. We search throughout our days for that pot of gold, always seeking the 'more', the 'better, the 'other than' what we have, that one thing which will make us happy, right our lives, correct our lack.

If I focus my sights only on seeking the gold, I am living with the belief, I am lacking. Lacking in some thing, one thing, some other thing than what I have. In seeking the gold, I miss the beauty of the rainbow shimmering in the light around me. I miss the journey of each step filled with the wonder and beauty all around me.

Perhaps it is that in my 'search for the gold', I give myself absolution from being the gold within me. When I believe the answer is 'out there', I do not need to take responsibility for what is within me -- all the gold and all the rainbows I will ever need.

Joyce at Peaceful Legacies has a beautiful photo today with her blog, God Seed. It shimmers like a rainbow. If you wish to have a visual image to focus your meditation on, I invite you to visit Joyce's blog for inspiration.

Nameste.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

I do like Jampolsky's quote, particularly "we are both the rainbow and the gold".

A lovely reflection, as is Joyce's, which I read earlier.

within
my heart
you cannot see
the shimmer
in the lines of color
striking their
I am I am

my pale surface
outside
might distort
what you see
of me

I miss nothing
need nothing
want nothing

my heart beats
its gold
to a shine

casting light
back
on you

And you see, now, what your post inspired in me.

Hugs.

Anonymous said...

the idea becomes something new through you.

lovely post.

Louise Gallagher said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely poem Maureen -- how brilliant you shine! How beautiful the words reflect our spirit's journey.

Thanks nAncY!

Louise