Thursday, November 22, 2007

Believe it. It's true.

I am on a course for today and tomorrow. It started yesterday actually. -- Stephen Covey's, The 7 Habits of High Effective People -- It's filled with really great learning and the opportunity to expand my understanding of myself, the world around me and what makes us all work together, and sometimes, apart.

It also means, I'm on the run. The course starts at 7:30 -- much, much earlier than my normal 9 am start.

So, for today and tomorrow, I will leave you with a quote that I hope provokes your thinking.

I particularly like this one by Stuart Grayson, author of Spiritual Healing, "We believe what we experience, but we often forget that we experience what we believe."

If I believe I am clumsy. I am clumsy.

If I believe I am incompetent. I am incompetent.

If I believe I am not very good at public speaking. I am not very good at public speaking.

If I can change my beliefs, I can change how I experience the world, and how the world experiences me. I can change my life.

The question is: What beliefs do you have that you are unwilling to change because you tell yourself you can't?

No comments: