Monday, February 4, 2008

Time for a day of wonder

I'm late this morning. Actually slept beyond my normal 5:30 wake-up. I wanted to stay in bed. Stay cocooned from the light of day for just a little while longer...

Morning requires my attention. My day demands my intention.

What will it be?

If I focus my thoughts on the negative side of waking up and getting out of bed, I will stay beneath the covers.

Focused on the positive values of the day, I arise and greet the morning with anticipation.

It is all in my attitude.

It may seem like a small thing, but attitude is a mighty force. Carlos Castaneda said, "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same."

This morning, I didn't want to get out of bed. I chose to emphasize the value of greeting the day with an open mind and willing heart and my day unfolds with enthusiasm.

It's one of the reasons why I write here. It opens my day up to examination. Anticipation. And, it helps me enter my day with intent.

My intent is to inspire. Myself. Anyone who stops by and reads. My intent dictates I keep my thoughts focused on what I want to emphasize -- living life with grace and ease, making every moment count as the best one yet.

The question is: What's your intent for the day? Have you chosen at least one step you can take to create a day of wonder?

No comments: