Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Heeding my body

What a difference a day makes.

Yesterday, I awoke feeling lethargic and groggy. I rested for the day and this morning, I feel great!

A good lesson for life.

My habit is to storm through uncomfortable feelings, pushing them aside, and trampling them underground. By resting, letting the lethargy flow through me without pretending it didn't exist, I gave my body what it needed most -- rest.

In looking at where else do I do this in my life -- ignore my feelings, ignore my body, I see a mountain of molehills that could have been avoided had I listened instead of ignored.

Great learning for today. Listen to my body. Heed its call for rest and treat it with tender loving care.

The question is: Where do you act without heeding your bodies signals? Where do you pummel your emotions into submission and head off into the storm without thinking?

No comments: