Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Choices

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. Anne Frank

I'm off this morning with my eldest daughter to coach at Choices. It's one of my favourite and most fulfilling things to do. As a coach, we volunteer our time. Ultimately, we give back to receive gifts far beyond our imaginings.

The purpose of Choices is, as founder Thelma Box states, is about 'Changing the world one heart at a time.'

At Choices, my heart changed as my spirit opened up to the wonder and joy of untethered, unmeasurable love. For myself, and the world around me.

At Choices, I found the calm I had been always seeking. The acceptance of myself I had continuously searched for throughout my life.

At Choices, I found the courage to be myself, without fear of never being enough.

When I went to Choices I had already spent 3 years healing from the debacle of the relationship that almost destroyed me. My book recounting my healing journey, The Dandelion Spirit, had just been published. I was on a high.

I didn't know what I didn't know.

What I didn't know is that there was still so much more to explore within me, so much growing I could do simply by opening my heart up to the wonder of life outside my comfort zone.

So, today I'm I'm off to coach for the next five days. My presence here, on this blog ,will be limited as, though the work is rewarding and fun, this is a time of long days, short nights, fast sleeps.

I'll try to pop in -- and if I don't, see you Monday! Have a great week.

I wish for you an open mind, loving heart and a spirit free to dance with joy in the wonder of being you.

No comments: