Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Universe is doing its job. What about me?

The more things change, the more they stay the same. I'm not sure who the first person was who said that. Probably Shakespeare. Or maybe Sting. But at the moment, it's the sentence that best explains my tragic flaw: my inability to change. I don't think I'm alone in this. The more I get to know other people, the more I realize it's kind of everyone's flaw. Staying exactly the same as long as possible, standing perfectly still? It feels better somehow. And if you are suffering, at least the pain is familiar. Because if you took the leap of faith, went outside the box, did something unexpected? Who knows what other pain might be waiting out there. Chances are it could be even worse. So you maintain the status quo. Choose the road already traveled and it doesn't seem that bad. Not as far as flaws go. You're not killing anyone? Except maybe yourself a little. When we finally do change, I don't think it happens like an earthquake or an explosion, where all of a sudden we're like this different person. I think it's smaller than that. The kind of thing most people wouldn't even notice unless they looked at us really, really close. Which, thank God, they never do. But you notice it. Inside you that change feels like a world of difference. And you hope this is it. This is the person you get to be forever? that you'll never have to change again. Everwood
Every morning I wake up expecting the billions and trillions of atoms and molecules and neurons that make up my world will be in place. That one tiny atom of my body won't have spun out of control and whirled off into outer space leaving a way out for more atoms to follow. Every morning I awake expecting, knowing, believing, gravity will hold me down, oxygen will fill me up and the Law of Attraction will bring me all my dreams come true.

Okay, so the Law of Attraction isn't quite in the same class as gravity, but it has its universal force, if the pundits of The Secret are to be believed.

And there is some validity to its laws.

I am what I think. What I put my attention on grows stronger in my life. I create what I fear. When I am clear, what I choose to have in my life will appear, and only to the degree that I am clear.

So why wouldn't I put some faith in the Law of Attraction? I don't go to bed at night dreaming of atoms splitting off from my body, or of gravity reversing its force and attaching me to the sky. I don't ask the Universe to send me doom and gloom or to strike me deaf and mute.

I trust. I have faith. I believe.

In a life of possibility. A world of plenty. A Universe of limitless abundance.

I believe in my power to create the life of my dreams. In my ability to manifest beauty and joy in my world with every thought I breathe, with every word I speak and action I take.

I believe in the power and the wonder of now.

I believe I am the master of my destiny. That I determine how brilliantly I shine -- or not. It's up to me to pick up the paintbrush of my dreams, and create a masterpiece of my design. No one else can paint the same as me. No one else can create the same life as me. This is my life to paint, my life to live to the best of my abilities, to take to the limits of my imagination, to fill in with all the living breathing colours of the rainbow of my creativity.

This is my life to fill with joy, to tear up with sorrow.

This is my life to push past the boundaries of my comfort zone, to step out into the wilds of my imagination and soar beyond the limits of my beliefs.

This is my life to change and grow and learn and become all I'm meant to be when I trust in the Universe to do its job of turning up every moment filled with limitless abundance, possibilities and joy.

I choose how I awaken to the sun rising, a sun I trusted would appear, even if hidden behind grey clouds, when I went to bed the night before.

The Universe is doing its job.

I'm responsible for doing mine.

And mine is to live this one, wild and precious life for all I'm worth.

The question is: Are you worth giving your best? Are you worth living it up today?

No comments: