Thursday, March 11, 2010

Being Me.

I’m Mad As Hell, And I Won’t Take It Anymore! Howard Beal in Network (1976)
Okay, so colour me jaded but I'm feeling a little like pulling a Howard Beale and yelling from my bedroom window, "Enough already!"

Really, do I need another secret formula for success? Or the path to actualizing some ancient 'monk who only wore purple's' rite to making my dreams materialize out of thin air?

So, yeah, colour me jaded but I am a little sceptical that this next email that's just entered my email box will deliver me the goods, the straight and only goods, to having the life I've always dreamed of if I just religiously practice these never-before revealed five steps that I will learn if I just sign up for this 150 day online course and pay a gazillion dollars. I mean really, there must be a-gazillion website offerings -- okay so maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit (wonder if there's a website to cure me of that flaw?) to help me become more focused, successful, attentive, passionate, driven, inspired, soul-full, and soul-driven and just downright human.

Enough already.

Whew. There. Rant over.

But really....

I am a devourer of the 'learn how to...' offerings that drop into my Inbox everyday with the clarity of the sages offering up oracles peppered with projections of future happenings to goat offering, self-sacrificing devoted acolytes of long ago. Like, I LUV this stuff.

And even I am getting tired.

It's the age-old Goliath meets David -- Me. Little human meets the behemoth of the self-actualization movement. I stand armed with nothing more than my perceptions of who I am peering into the void of their assertions that I can be more than I am if I just..... Given the quantity (and let's not talk about quality) of their offerings, it could make me feel less than, other than, not good enough just knowing I don't know enough to be me!

But wait! I read something about not feeling less than, other than, not good enough. there's a 10 step process to overcome my 'otherness' buried somewhere in my Inbox.

I gotta find me a course on how to organize my Inbox...

Like.... when do I get to the doing? Not the reading, about living it up every day?

Now, there's lots and lots of value in the courses I've taken and the books I've read and the positions I've posed in to attain harmony with the universe around me. I've deepened my senses, walked my talk and kicked butt in the 'getting rid of what doesn't work for me anymore' parade of life.

When am I going to quit looking for the secret formula to walking my talk, kicking butt and getting rid of gunk? When am I going to get out of 'learning more' mode and get into walking tall mode of putting what I've learned into action long enough to give it time to 'take'.

See, that's the thing about enlightenment. There's always more of it. Always more to learn, to embrace, to take in and actualize and conceptualize and spiritualize and do whatever it takes with to create a new world order.

But... and there's always a but in my life of awakened actuality -- I get so busy 'learning', I don't get to the doing.

And what's life without actually doing it, step by step, moment to moment?

So -- given that my computer and cyberland just had a 'moment' and deleted what I'd written already! Oh my, is there a message there? Am I missing some cyber-delivered enlightenment of the disappearing from my screen kind?

Breathe.

Reality is. I get to live this one wild and precious life -- Live it up or down. Live it on the wild side or inside the lines. The choice is mine.

I've got what it takes to be me. I've got all the goods on being the one I am.

All I really need is to quit procrastinating -- wait!!!!! I just got an email about a course telling me it would teach me how to quit procrastinating right now!

yeah -- maybe I need another course. .. Oh dear, I gotta get outta this place. Gotta quit levitating, meditating, writing my insides out before it's too late to give up procrastinating....

Ooops. Not another course on something I already now. The best way to quit procrastinating is....

To take action.

I'm taking action. Getting into my day being the one and only ME!

to quote a wise sage, I am Sam. Sam I am....

I am Me. Me I am.

You go be You. I'll get being ME and ever the twain shall meet in this world of wonder!

Have a happy day Youing!

Be a happy Being the one and only You!

10 comments:

Maureen said...

oh, a great rant!

And I feel the same. My inbox, too, keeps filling up with this stuff that I've never requested. I don't even bother to open most of the missives.

Just hitting Delete can be so satisfying. And, like that, it's done! And I can Be.

Hugs.

Anonymous said...

:-)

you are the only one like you
like you my friend
i like you

there's only one in this wonderful world
you are special


(i borrowed the words from fred rogers' song)

CZBZ said...

HAHAHA!!! A great post this morning, Louise!!



Love,
CZ

Louise Gallagher said...

Use the delete key? Oh my. How brave!

nAncY -- thank you for the poem! I like you too 'cause there's no one else like you! You're special too :)

Tee hee -- high praise indeed CZ! Thank you. -- whenever I read what you write I am in awe of your ability to use humour and satire with such aplomb.

Jeff Jordan said...

Hard to go wrong with Dr. Seuss. I say, if you like green eggs and ham, then eat green eggs and ham. Now, I'm going to take your advice and try to be meing. Jeff

Joyce Wycoff said...

Louise ... did I tell you I've just developed a Thin Enlightenment in 30 Seconds course? Just send me your Visa card ... not just the number ... the whole card and the 75 pound program will arrive on your doorstep by carrier pigeon. If it doesn't arrive by the blue moon, call God.
-- yours in constant search of goodenough.

S. Etole said...

I think everything has been said that needs to be ... :=)

Louise Gallagher said...

Joyce -- I'll get right on that!

Thanks for dropping by Jeff -- hope you had a great meeing kind of day!

Anonymous said...

I read that. It had little instructional value - but it made me laugh, and some days that is all we need, or ought to need. Some days lately I've felt your writing was wandering (or wondering) in too many directions to handle . . . but that is what we each need to do sometimes. Glad you are back 'on focus'; glad you are in my life, even though we annoy each other often. You are a keeper, my friend.

Cheers,
Mark

Louise Gallagher said...

Here's to keeping you too Mark!