Monday, March 22, 2010

Light of heart

Depression moods lead, almost invariably, to accidents. But, when they occur, our mood changes again, since the accident shows we can draw the world in our wake, and that we still retain some degree of power even when our spirits are low. A series of accidents creates a positively light-hearted state, out of consideration for this strange power. Jean Baudrillard
There is a saying at Choices, "Don't take yourself so seriously", that always reminds me to lighten up, let go, let it be and just be light.

I need to remind myself not to take myself so seriously sometimes because I can get lost in the minutiae of asking myself so many questions -- what if I... why did I.... how come I.... why don't I... let me see.... how about I.... -- I don't see or feel or hear or acknowledge -- I have the answers right inside of me.

In my nattering around my head, wondering about 'me, myself and I', I turn my light inward and become self-absorbed in my own light. Which means, I create darkness all around me. Lost inside, the light within me becomes so narrow I lose sight of, as my friend Brian Willis at Winning Mind Training calls it, What's Important Now -- W.I.N.

What's my W.I.N.?

The WIN in introspection is I understand myself more -- I understand how I operate in the world, why I do the things I do. The challenge is always, to balance introspection with my doing in the world all I can to be all I am meant to be. Lost in thought, I am not doing, anything, about being all I am meant to be.

It was a wonderful week. A week of growth and insight. A week to connect. To deepen my appreciation of who I am when I am being all I am meant to be. A week to embrace who I am when being all I am meant creates more of what I want living it up in the rapture of now.

And now, to enter this week light of heart I give myself permission to not take myself so seriously. To accept I am my best when my being light of heart illuminates my path with love. Today, I shall walk fearlessly in the rapture of now creating peace and joy all around me.

Nameste.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

A neat acronym for something we all could stand to consider.

Glad your time at Choices was so productive.

S. Etole said...

You leave us neat reminders ...