Saturday, April 17, 2010

Grateful for this day

It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. Mother Teresa.
In my life I am very blessed. I have love, joy, fulfillment, happiness and contentment. In my life I am grateful. For all that I have. For all that I experience. For all that I am able to give and receive.

Filling my heart with gratitude every day creates a place where love can grow, where ideas can flourish, where I can awaken to the amazing opportunities in my life.

I am blessed.

This morning, I awoke with a flu bug that has lingered at the edges of my consciousness for most of the week and has just not been willing to disperse. I'll give it attention today. It's what it wants.

What a blessing.

It is a beautiful sunny day and I can lay in my bed, looking into the back garden and watch the birds flitter in the apple tree, pecking away at last year's fruit still clinging to its branches. The feeder is full. The bird bath has water. I can spend my day reposing, soaking up nature's bounty watching spring unfold from winter's maw. C.C. is away. The house is quiet. Chores can wait as I sink back into bed and relax. Today I start with giving love close to home -- to me. Giving myself medicine my body needs -- rest and relaxation.

May your day be filled with blessings. May your heart be filled with gratitude. May you know love.

7 comments:

Joyce Wycoff said...

Louise ... enjoy the rest ... bore the bug and maybe he'll go away.

Maureen said...

Now it's my turn to wish you well. My "bug" hasn't entirely de-camped but knows I've given two days (maybe a half of a third), so with luck, I'll have some energy tomorrow.

Rest well. Enjoy a good read if you're able. Know that you're hugged and loved.

Louise Gallagher said...

Thank you Joyce and Maureen -- I'm snuggled in, listening to the birds and relishing the quiet. Quite lovely! Even with a rumbly tummy and a fuzzy head!

Kathleen Overby said...

Repose. That's a word uncommon today, but I dearly love it.

Anonymous said...

well, i am sorry you are sick, but it is so good to know that you are loving and caring for yourself.

i was getting the traveling journal letters ready to mail today. slow but sure... now i need to put together a little journal.

Louise Gallagher said...

Yippeee!! Travel journal letter coming soon...

Feeling better today. Living my feeling a 7 to my full 100%!

S. Etole said...

blessings of health to you ...