Saturday, July 3, 2010

The W.I.N Challenge

I'm out of town in the mountains this weekend so... I am sharing a newsletter from my friend Brian Willis at Winning Mind Training . Brian sends out a weekly newsletter that inevitably inspires my actions. You can sign up for his newsletter at his website.

His latest...

The following was written in 1904 by Bessie Anderson Stanley and sent to me by one of our newsletter readers. He refers to this as 'My Personal Life Report Card' and has it posted in his home beside pictures of his three children. He reads it daily and asks himself honestly if he is fulfilling the challenges in this description of Achievement.


To have lived well,
Laughed often and loved much.

To have gain the respect of intelligent men,
And the love of children.

To have filed a niche,
and accomplished a task.

To have left the world better,
whether by an improved poppy,
A perfect poem or a rescued soul.

To have appreciated earths beauty,
and not failed to express it.

To have looked for the best in others,
and to have given the best of yourself.

That is Achievement.

Bessie Anderson Stanley


I think there is a lesson here for all of us [writes Brian] on personal accountability and on how mentors can be people we have never met and can come from any generation. For me this describes the way my parents have lived their lives. I owe them a great deal.

This week's W.I.N. Challenge (What's Important Now) is to reflect on this and compare it to how you live your life.
Brian Willis

CEO (Chief Excellence Officer), Winning Mind Training Inc.
www.winningmindtraining.com

Daily W.I.N. quotes, tips and recommendations on books, blogs and
movies at www.twitter.com/BrianRWillis

Brian's Thoughts, Ideas and Insights on Training
www.excellenceintraining.typepad.com

Check out W.I.N. Critical Issues in Training and Leading Warriors and W.I.N. 2: Insights into Training and Leading Warriors at www.warriorspiritbooks.com

1 comment:

Maureen said...

In the mountains. . . sounds wonderful. A friend of mine in Boston has just left with her sisters for a trek to Glacier.

Hugs.