Sunday, August 8, 2010

Wise hearts and other wonders

Flowers -- a gift from my friend Mark who came
for dinner last night with Ursula and Andrew.


It is strange how often a heart must be broken before the years can make it wise. Sara Teasdale


I am taking inspiration from my friend Maureen's blog, Writing without Paper. On Sunday's she posts a quote and leaves the thinking up to her readers.

Love the idea. I am off to ponder other things, plus, I have a girlfriend visiting from out of town and we are off to play and chat and share and care and to generally just enjoy the day until she flies home this evening.

Have a playfully alive and joy filled day!

PS. In case you're wondering... I have a very wise heart today.




Nameste.

6 comments:

Maureen said...

Not just today, Louise.

Mark has a good eye for the loveliness in bouquets.

Louise Gallagher said...

Hello lovely Maureen -- thank you.

Oh! and flower Mark is not the blogger Mark who often comments :)

Flower Mark is a very dear friend whom I've known for years. When he brought the flowers in he said, "I hope you had a wonderful day and I hope these make it even more wonderful!"

Anonymous said...

pretty flowers,
you can tell mark that i enjoyed them too. :-)

i have not seen mo's blog, yet...

i hope to be going to a consignment shop, not too far from here, with cj and syd today.

cj could use some clothes for school. she only has one pair of pants that fit right now. she is growing like a little dandilion.

Louise Gallagher said...

Oh what fun! Back to school shopping. I love consignment shops, there's something very environmentally and spiritually fulfilling shopping there!

Have a great adventure with your dandelion growing daughter -- very cool!

:)

Sandra Heska King said...

Oh, I like that idea. I might have to steal it.

So does a heart have to be broken before it can be made whole?

Diane Walker said...

I love how your quote goes with Joyces' post on baggage. Synchronicity! Yay!