Thursday, September 2, 2010

PDT



There is no end. There is no beginning. There is only the infinite passion of life. Frederico Fellini
I am late this morning -- not because I got up late but rather, because cyberspace and I had a fight.

Access denied. Invalid password. That's all it would say.

Hello? How dare it deny me access to my own account.

Yet it dared.

I filed a report.

Can't access my account.

And then they asked me all sorts of questions about widgets and gidgets and dates and I had no clue.

We take your security seriously... List four email addresses you regularly contact.

Hello. I can't get into my email account to get the addresses.

Disturbed.

Yup.

and not so pleasantly.

And then, all of a sudden, I have access.

Go figure.

The vagaries of cyberland where bits and bytes add up to zillions of little pieces of information zooming through space so fast you can't even see them. So, my thought is, why don't they collect up all those "Message undeliverable" bits and bits and use them to plug up the holes in the ozone? Ever wonder about those holes? There was a time when everyone was talking about them. What happened? Did they disappear or did some other environmental catastrophe waiting in the wings take over? Like maybe, the Oilsands became a better target than corporations polluting our air? Hmmm. Food for thought -- maybe that food could be used to plug the ozone too?

Yesterday I met with a woman who is a regular reader here. She'd contacted me by email a few months ago to say she might be in Calgary and would love to meet. And then she emailed to say, I'll be there Wednesday. Do you have time to meet?

What a delightful encounter.

We spent an hour at the shelter where I work. I gave her a tour and we chatted and it was one of those sublimely delicious moments in my day where I realize the power of this place to connect me to the power of beautiful people with open hearts and caring souls. And what a wonderful world it is when we encounter kindred souls and spirits. She found me through Maureen's blog, Writing without Paper, and, found Maureen's blog through L.L. Barkats blog, Seedlings in Stone, and a circle was created.

There's power in circles. In, The Circle: How the Power of a single wish can change your life. author Laura Day writes: The Circle is an energetic state of being that allows you to connect with yourself, with others, and with the transformative powers of the Universe. In The Circle, what you perceive, what you conceive, and what you create one one -- and you are at one with the infinite energy and possibility of creation.

Thank you Michelle for connecting me into the power and beauty of your circle. What a blessing.

And then, after seeing Michelle off, finishing off a proposal and tidying up my office, I went to the gym to work with my trainer and I've decided. He's trying to kill me. I'm sure of it! C'mon he yells as I huff and puff on the FreeMotion machine. You've got five more in you.

Five more? Ha! I barely have a breath in me.

Quit holding your breath, he yells.

I'm not! I yell back. and then I take a breath and realize... Oh. That's why I feel like I might pass out? I've been holding my breath too long!

In the end, I did all 3 rounds of exercises as proscribed and didn't pass out or throw up or anything. I didn't even punch him out!

Ok. So maybe he isn't trying to kill me. But man, is he mean! Not really. He's young and cute and very nice and I'm just old and crotchety. No wait. He told me there is no such thing as 'age'. It's all just a state of mind.

Ha! If that's the case then why is gravity having its own way with my body parts? Eventually I'm pretty sure I'm going to be just one long pencil until you get to my ankles where everything will have pooled into one big blog of fat! Now there's a Freudian slip -- blog of fat -- haha -- blob of fat. Wonder what that means? Maybe I think my words are all fatty deposits in cyberland -- see they really could close-up the hole in the ozone!

Just kidding. My words aren't fatty deposits. They're bits and bytes to be consumed by eyes peering into the flickering screens of monitors around the universe. Monitors consuming energy that depletes the... ooops. I must be noodling on the Oilsands crisis.

But it's Pleasantly Disturbed Thursday and I'm having fun!

Even with Cyberspace's insistence I don't exist.

it's wrong.

I do!

Because I'm here and I figure that's a bonus. for me. and hopefully for you too!

More pleasantly disturbed thinking.

I went to my This is My City Arts Society meeting last night and spoke up. Originally, at our last meeting when we were planning our 'Launch Party' we had set the date for October 21.

"I won't be able to make it," I told the team. "I'll be in Barbados. But that's okay. I think we should hold the launch then anyway."

They'd asked if I was sure and I had replied of course. I think it's more important to launch close to the appointment of our new Mayor. Sooner rather than later.

and then, I thought about it and thought... hmmm, Louise. Is this one of your self-defeating games? 'don't worry about little old me. I'm not important.'...

So, last night I asked the group how they felt about moving the date to Nov 4. "I realized after suggesting Oct 21 was okay that I would really like to be there for the launch," I informed them.

We want you there too, they said. You've been integral to the entire project you should be there.

It wasn't them. It was me.

It always is :)

I am the source of my experiences. My experiences are created by my beliefs and when I believe my presence isn't important, I make it unimportant.

It was a good lesson in speaking up and in turning up.

gotta do more of it. It's good for the soul!

And now, I must run and get my Pleasantly Disturbed Thursday on the move.

A bright blue sky awaits. A brand new day unfolds and I surrender myself to living fearlessly in the rapture of now.

Have a Pleasantly Disturbed Thursday. For inspiration visit Duane Scott who hosts Pleasantly Disturbed Thursday's every, you got it, Thursday! (though he doesn't seem to have posted a PDT entry today) At his place you'll usually find other blogger's PDT entries!

Enjoy!

Have a Divinely Disturbed Thursday!

4 comments:

Brandi said...

"He's young and cute and very nice and I'm just old and crotchety"

I think I can safely say that THAT will be the best thing I will hear today!! Loves it! :)

Maureen said...

Breathless delivery and I stayed with you all the way. Fun stuff.

Kathleen Overby said...

hahahahah. you makin' me smile....

Anonymous said...

good thursday stuff :-)