Monday, May 2, 2011

Exquisite Day

Monday morning. I leap out of bed ready to greet my day. An exciting week ahead.

The book, WHERE, is being bound as I type. Today, we're taking a video camera over to the binders to watch the first books come together.

I've got a plan mapped out. With the first copies in hand, I'll get them into some key media. Organize for Wednesday's launch, and write my speech as well as the notes for the M/C and our President of the Board.

I'm excited.

The sun is shining. The world is turning in space. And in this tiny corner of my world, joy and exuberance, love and light take hold.

And, a visit over to Maureen's blog, Writing without Paper, engaged my thinking and took me off on a wander through cyberspace where I found some amazing blogs on art and design.

At one of them, Life at Willow Manor, I met a lovely poet, Tess Kincaid. She shared this wonderful quote from one of my all time favourite movies, Chocolat. And while Lent and Easter have now passed, I want to share what he said.

Père Henri, " I'm not sure what the theme of my homily today ought to be. Do I want to speak of the miracle of Our Lord's divine transformation? Not really, no. I don't want to talk about His divinity. I'd rather talk about His humanity. I mean, you know, how He lived His life, here on Earth. His *kindness*, His *tolerance*... Listen, here's what I think. I think that we can't go around... measuring our goodness by what we don't do. By what we deny ourselves, what we resist, and who we exclude. I think... we've got to measure goodness by what we *embrace*, what we create... and who we include. "

Now, the movie Chocolat was really great. But, my favorite memory of the film was watching my youngest daughter perform a lyrical dance to the theme song. Amazing! They were four dancers and took Gold in their category at competition. And it was stunning.

And, because this is such an exciting and wonderful day -- isn't everyday? -- if it isn't, ask yourself, Why not? -- and then do something about it! -- regardless, because this day is exciting, I'm sharing the trailer from the movie. Enjoy!

And have a 'wicked awesome' week. I'll be keeping you posted on the book launch. And may your week include time for you, laughter, joy, beauty and a peaceful heart.



5 comments:

Maureen said...

One of my favorite movies, too, one of the few I'd watch more than once.

Where... so exciting! A great start to the week.

Diane Walker said...

Oh, boy, me, too; and I spent Lent listening to the soundtrack in my car and kitchen. And I LOVE that quote from his sermon -- and realize I must have memorized it at some point; so familiar...

Congrats on WHERE!!!!! So exciting!

S. Etole said...

have a twice-blessed week !!!

Josie Two Shoes said...

I loved this movie too! The quote you shared says so much about how to approach life... not with fear and opression, but with hope and rejoicing! Think how contagious such a person can be! :-)

trisha said...

seems like you had a lovely day. i havenot seen chocolat, will keep it in mind.