Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Loving my ever-expanding soul

I wrote this morning to a blogger that I have a list of things I've been 'meaning to get to'.

Wonder when meaning to get to becomes the actual getting to it?

Last night, my daughter Alexis called from Australia. Hard to imagine she's been gone for three weeks already. Her voice sounded so near and clear. Like she was just down the street or in another part of the city. And yet, she's down under, on the other side of the world where water drains in reverse and the season's turn opposite.

Once upon a time I had a dream to get to and I let it go. I dreamt of travelling the world, writing articles, entertaining readers with my experiences in distant lands and far flung places. I never got to that dream. Never got it all together.

And yet, there's still time.

There's always time for dreams to come true -- as long as I take action.

Getting from point A to point B is not a mind map challenge. It's a question of action. And some days, action towards my goals is not as apparent as action away from them.

I've been in one of those funks lately. Perhaps it's because of having had surgery. Perhaps it's because I'm just feeling the blues, or simply not willing to step beyond my comfort zones and challenge myself to keep moving forward, keep doing not just thinking.

Whatever my excuse cum reason, not taking action towards my goals and making my dreams come true keeps me stuck in unfulfilled living.

Like Alexis exploring her ever-expanding soul in Australia, it's up to me to drain every moment of my living. To wring out every ounce of joy and to pour into every moment all the heartfelt, passionate life and love I possess so that I make this moment, right now, my best moment yet.

This morning I received an email from someone whom I love dearly but for whom I failed, some time ago to give her the love and support she needed. She talked of her realization after reading a comment I'd made on Alexis' blog, that she can love her ever-expanding soul in this moment, right now. She doesn't have to wait for someone else to do it for her. She can do it for herself.

Pretty wise young woman -- pretty awesome concept. To know my soul is ever expanding and to recognize it's up to me to love myself for all I'm worth, just the way I am.

Here's to getting to it, right now, today and not someday soon.

Here's to creating a life worth living moment by moment by living it on purpose. Doesn't mean big moments. It means knowing I am being ALL I'm meant to be, living free of regret and breathing into each moment as I surrender, expand into my soul and fall in love.

The question is: Are you letting inertia hold you back from living your best moment yet? Are you using excuses to keep you from embracing your ever-expanding soul in love?

No comments: