Monday, June 2, 2008

Rainy days and Mondays

Written by Paul Williams and Roger Nichols, The Carpenters sang, 'Rainy days and Mondays always get me down' to million dollar success.

Not sure that the blues are worth that much!

Me, I like rainy Mondays. I love the gentleness of the air, the whisper of the breeze, the sound of birds twittering in the trees. I love the feeling of coziness in my bed -- which probably explains why getting up this morning took so much more effort than normal!

In fact, I'm late writing this, late getting dress, late getting on with my day!

Funny how a clock can dictate where I need to be and what I need to be doing to 'make my day' happen.

Someone once said that it's more important to make every hour in the day count than to count the hours in the day.

So, for today, whether I'm late or early, I shall make the time I'm spending being where I'm at count.

I shall count on me to fill each moment with life. Fill each second with love and attention. Fill each step with loving care.

I get to choose how I go through my day.

Rainy or not, here I come. Excited, filled with eager anticipation of the wonders about to unfold.

Rainy days and Mondays. My kind of day. A day of mystery. A day yet to be experienced. A day to live outside my comfort zone, exploring all the wonders of the world around me with open arms and seeking mind and questing spirit. A day to leap into the void of not knowing what the future holds as I create the best day of my life yet.

The question is: Who's in control of your day? Who determines what kind of day you have? You, or the weather? Someone else or something else? Who knows?

No comments: