Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Stop It!

To confront a person with his shadow, is to show him his own light. Carl Jung

My youngest daughter called yesterday from Athens. Her bankcard was lost and she was desperate for help. "Can you go to the bank and re-activate my account, get me a new bankcard, activate it and send it to me please?" she asked, panic and worry in her voice.

She and her friend are off to the Greek Isles today for eight days. Santorini. Crete. Corfu... Opportunities to bank were limited and they didn't have a lot of cash. Her girlfriend had lost her wallet just a few days ago and the two young women were feeling the distance between home and where they were at.

I raced to the bank. Did as required and Liseanne has a new bank card en route. What was amazing was the power of technology to connect us. Before she left, Liseanne gave me Power of Attorney on her accounts. A good thing as it allowed me to do everything I needed to do without any hassle. However, at one point, I realized I had her online password but not her bank card PIN with me. To change the PIN I needed her existing number. I called her sister in Vancouver. Alexis emailed Liseanne in Athens and within minutes, Liseanne was calling on my cellphone, providing her PIN and her new card was activated.

If only the psyche worked so fast.

Hey. Brain. I've lost my access card to memory of my birthright. I can't remember the access code to my greatness. Can you please reset. And within moments, synapses connect, neurons are fired and voila! Greatness activated.

In the shadows of our mind, accessing greatness should be easy. I mean, we're born with it. Born as it. Born, these perfect beings, reflections of God, miraculous vessels of Love.

And then life happens and we become mired in the belief, we only have one access route to take on the road of life, and it ain't pretty. But, regardless of its beauty, or lack of pleasant surroundings, we begin trudging it. Bemoaning the fact that it just isn't easy being me, or you or him or her. Life isn't easy. But what's the option?

But.... what if.... that's just a belief?

What if.... Life is easy. Effortless. Grace filled and gracious.

What if... It's all in our perspective.

What if.... Life isn't the issue. Living isn't the state of being we need to shake up?

What we really need to shake the silly's outta', what we really need to give a shake is our head. Our thinking is messing up our journey!

What if... it's our 'stinkin' thinkin' we desperately need to give a shake, a make-over, do-over, re-do, re-wire, re-connect.

What if.... It's our thinking that's in need of realignment?

Yesterday I had lunch with a former co-worker who has catapulted himself into living the life of his dreams.

"I can't always determine the experiences that come to me," he said. "I get to determine how I deal with them though. That's up to me. And, I get to decide how I feel about myself. That's my choice and I'm choosing feeling great about me!"

He told me about an experience he'd had recently and in the course of our conversation, shared some wise and funny wisdom he'd learned from a Bob Newhart skit on Mad TV. Ok. So I'm not a big fan of Mad TV. Call it heresy, but sometimes, I just don't get it! But this skit is quite funny and.... what if Bob's right? What if the only way to stop a thought or behaviour is to just.... Stop It!

Yesterday, I committed to Get in Motion. I walked the stairs (up and down at least 3 times). Walked to my business meeting downtown and, once home, took Ellie for a long walk. I consciously thought of what I was putting into my body -- and ensured I was active during that witching hour when picking at whatever I can find in the kitchen traps me into believing I can't change.

Yesterday, what I chose to do was to Stop It! I chose to stop doing the things that were not getting me more of what in life and to engage in those things that will change my life for the better.

How cool is that?

To change what I'm doing I only need to Stop it! and Get in Motion with the things that support me, love me up and lift me higher!

To be happy, content, fulfilled, loving every step on this journey of my lifetime, all I have to do is.... Stop doing what doesn't work and start doing what does work.

Enjoy the video!

Enjoy your day and remember. If you don't like what you're doing..... Stop it! :)

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Enjoy your day, too!

Hugs.

S. Etole said...

We do have a tendency to make things harder than they need to be sometimes ...