Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Launch Day


Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy. Thich Nhat Hanh
MSN and I are having a fight this morning. Or perhaps, it's even more global. Perhaps it's me against cyberspace, and the Bits and Bytes and Terradots are winning!

But I shall prevail. I shall press on and forge a path through the confusion of Cyberland's maelstrom of websites that refuse to close and pages that will not open. I shall prevail!

And maybe, armed with my smile, I'll recover some of my joy when I first awoke and realized, today's the day. Book launch day. Party time!

We're having a special, by invitation only, event this evening to launch the book. The photographs are all mounted and will be delivered this morning. The books arrived yesterday afternoon. Signage is done. The program completed. The menu and wine selected and ready to go.

I've checked my list countless times. Checked off. Crossed out. Highlighted "To Do's". "Done's" and "Forget it's" with great glee.

And still I wonder...

What am I missing?

It is possible, nothing.

It is possible, along with my team, we've thought of everything.

It's possible, I'm completely organized and prepared.

Whew! That feels better... and still I wonder...

Am I missing anything?

Got my outfit bagged and ready to come with me. I doubt I'll have time to return home and change before the event.

Global TV were in yesterday to do an article on the book. CBC Radio did an interview. Other media are scheduled for today. Got a client/subject of the book ready to be interviewed. Have the three readers lined up, ready to go this evening.

The M/Cs notes are written. The Thank You signs are done.

Yup. I'm ready.

Oh right. My intro to the book speech. I wrote it the other night. At 3am. It was brilliant -- if I do say so myself. Except...

I wrote it in my head and didn't put it to paper.

The task this morning -- whew! I've got one thing left to do.

Write my notes.

It's about courage. And perseverance. And the human spirit in flight. And faith and commitment and working together and believing in a dream.

That's it, I'll begin....

I have a dream.

no wait.

Been done before.

I'll start with Friends. Calgarians. Countrymen...

No he died. Long time ago. Not that well either.

I know. I know.

Got it.

I'll begin with the truth. From that place where all things happen with grace and ease. From that state of being that adds beauty and light to my day.

I'll begin from gratitude. With thankfulness.

I'll begin with Thank you.

Today's the big day. Gotta run. I'm sure I've got way more than one thing left to do...

And before I go, one last thing.

Thank you. Thinking of all of you and how much you've given me over the past few months, I smile. And my joy is recovered! Thank you.

Thank you everyone for your support and words of encouragement. For your light and laughter and love. You've made this journey so much more graceful and light. You've added such value to the process. And I so appreciate your support!

And FYI -- in case you didn't know, I really appreciate you! Thank you!

Here's to WHERE -- you make a difference.

Nameste.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LG

tips for success at the podium:

- breathe
- smile
- breathe some more
- pause
- breathe some more
- keep smiling
- talk to the audience and tell them your story like you were sitting across a kitchen table from an old friend
- keep breathing
- pause
- smile

there ... you're done

-smile
- pause
- bow

best wishes for a successful soiree

Mark

Josie Two Shoes said...

Wishing you a wonderful day of celebration and joy as you launch WHERE! Nameste my friend.

Maureen said...

Enjoy the reception! May those who view "Where" see a side of DI they might not imagine exists. . . and may it change perspectives and feelings.

Louise Gallagher said...

Thanks everyone -- see -- you are that lovely lift beneath my wings!

Hugs

S. Etole said...

And when it's all over, kick back and slip your shoes off and breathe some more!

Ruth said...

It takes an incredible amount of work and organization to launch a book. I mean it's enough to write it, then get it published, but then all this party stuff. I'd like to go and just watch. :-)

All best to you, and enjoy the day and the pride of accomplishment. Your work is so very important, and that must just make this all feel fantastic.

In case you see this before your speech, what happened me a few months ago at mine was: SLOW, very SLOW, think sunflower standing in the sun SLOW. I don't mean necessarily talking slowly, but feeling slow and methodical, there is no rush.

I look forward to hearing about it!

Anonymous said...

par tee time :-)

trisha said...

sometimes internet can drive you crazy.... really!