Saturday, November 15, 2008

The wonder of me and you

There is not one big cosmic meaning for all, there is only the meaning we each give to our life, an individual meaning, an individual plot, like an individual novel, a book for each person. Anais Nin
Late yesterday afternoon I was walking through the lobby of the hotel where Choices, the inspiration personal development program I coach at, is held. As I passed a group of three women, one stopped, called out to me and ran over to give me a hug.

"Your book," she said. "Your book." She turned back to the other women and said, "This is Louise. She wrote the book I keep talking about."

She hugged me and said, "Thank you. A friend gave me your book. You have no idea how much you've helped me."

When I wrote The Dandelion Spirit, I wanted to use my journey to help other women, and men, on their journey out of and away from abuse. I wanted to use my experience to inspire others to live their lives in the light of freedom to be all that they are meant to be.

I am blessed.

Dreams do come true.

I thanked the woman yesterday for her feedback. Told her that it means a great deal to me to know that what I wrote resonates with her, helps her, inspires her. "Thank you for letting me know my book is living up to its purpose," I said.

In each of our lives there is a story unfolding. A tale being told. The Dandelion Spirit tells part of my story. It is about a moment in time, an event, that freed me from limiting beliefs, set me free from living life in the shadows of my existence, fearful of stepping into centre stage of my light.

Maya Angelou writes, "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”

The Dandelion Spirit is a story that had to be told by me. Not because it's a story about abuse. It's not. It had to be told because it's my story of claiming my birthright. It's a story about taking a short cut to happiness and getting lost on the road to hell only to find myself happy after all. It's a story about all of us. Not just those who have been abused. But all of us who will live our lives hiding from the magnificence of our birthright, avoiding the brilliance of our story unfolding by holding onto the belief we are not worthy of being the most incredible, magnificent, stunning human beings we are meant to be.

We are all amazing. We are all wonders of the world. Children of God. Creations of the Divine. We are all miracles.

The question is: What story are you holding onto in fear its unfolding will set you free? Where are you hiding in the shadows, cloaking the brilliance of your light behind the fear that you don't deserve to shine?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, Louise, I am amazed to find our story in today's writing. You have given me the strength to carry on with dignity, hugs Carolynn

Louise Gallagher said...

Good morning to you too Carolyn, Thank you for stopping in to say hello and to add your beauty to my blog. Your courage gives me strength too! Shine on! Louise