Monday, May 21, 2012

When time stopped.

May 21. A momentous day. A day worth noting. Remarking. Celebrating.

A day like any other day, except, this day was 'the day'. Nine years ago today, at 9:14 am. This is the day it all ended and began again. This is the moment that changed, everything. Forever. This is the time when for one moment, time stopped.

And began...

...again.

and between the stopping and the beginning, in between the moments of time passing on, everything changed. Everything shifted.

In between the stopping and the beginning, the past began to unravel. The future began to turn. In a new direction. A different way. Another path.

It was on this morning, nine years ago today, that two police officers walked in and arrested the man who promised to love me, to never hurt me and then who set about hurting me in ways I never could imagine.

It was on this morning, nine years ago today, that life began again filled with the promise of all that I could be when I gave up believing that his abuse was all that I deserved.

I am blessed.

Nine years ago today at 9:14 am I received the miracle of my life.

Nine years ago today I was set free from his abuse. Free to live this one wild and precious life fully alive in the rapture of now.

Nine years ago today, I got my life back and life has never been the same.

I am remembering today. Not the bad times. The pain and sorrow.

No. I am remembering the joy, the freedom, the love I have experienced since that moment at 9:14 am when time stopped...

... and my life began again.

I am grateful.

I am blessed.

I am in Love.

Namaste.


25 comments:

Josie Two Shoes said...

I am tempted to respond with
"Happy Birthday" or at least "Happy Re-birthday"! A moment so etched in your heart and mind, and yet rather than focusing on all that went before it, you are able to celebrate all that has come after. You teach me new approaches to life everyday, not only by what you write here, but by how you live your life. Thank You! Namaste.

S. Etole said...

What a gift that was and continues to be.

Unknown said...

...and we are blessed that 9 years ago today at 9.14am life changed, shifted, stopped and that you are where you are today and living life as you are meant to.

Happy days my friend

Louise Gallagher said...

Thanks Josie -- it is sort of a 'Happy Re-birthday'! Love that! And love that you connect. Cheers,

Louise Gallagher said...

Thank you Susan. I continue to treasure this gift of life with every breath.

Louise Gallagher said...

It is a beautiful gift Fi to be able to live life with such joy todday! Hugs

Anonymous said...

honestly, i think this deserves cake.

Louise Gallagher said...

I like cake :)

Jennifer Richardson said...

your story speaks
and speaks still
...scattering sparks of life
and living-ness
into the universe,
carrying hope and freedom
and restoration
into spaces you'll never see or know
until you look back from
an eternal perspective.
A dandelion effect, indeed:)
I'm standing up and cheering
on the inside,
jumping up and down and waving
my hands in the air
for the brave beautiful woman
you are:):):)
love and bravo,
Jennifer

Louise Gallagher said...

The visual impact of your words
lovely Jennifer
leaves me shimmering
in joy
and gratitude.

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Elgie

remembering how bleak, dark and cold the despair felt serves as a yardstick, not only for ourselves, but to show to others, because it is about saviing lives

first, our own

second, untold others who hear our stories, relate to our transformation/death avoidance as something they can do too

third, those who learn from us can help others

I am happy to congratulate you on the anniversary of breaking death's grip on you . . .

we shine so much brighter when we are out of the darkness,



Mark

Louise Gallagher said...

Thank you Mark.

Your words are beautiful and resonate deeply.

Blessings -- and so glad you're enjoying your grandchild with such open-heartedness!

Louise Gallagher said...

Louise...I am reassured to know that nine years ago the Universe acted for you and for all who are blessed to know you by sending 'Peace Officers' to bring your sweet soul into Peace. In honour of this gift I will watch for and celebrate all the ways 'Peace Angels' show up in the world today. Acts of Peace everywhere! Blessings...Kerry

Louise Gallagher said...

Thank you lovely Kerry! Lol- though it does confuse my peace of mind wondering how your comment came under my name! I love a good mystery. Hugs and looking forward to a peace builder explosion tonight!

Nikky44 said...

I'm happy for you Louise, really happy because I know abuse and I know how bad it can be. Much love <3

Judy Atkinson said...

Oh Louise, light is your way isn't it! I am blessed to have found you, your story and your blog.
I am creating space for the Rhythm of JOY today, Thank you, thank you, thank you.... Judy

Ruth said...

A time to be reborn, again and again. There is always hope.

Blessings on your celebration of life, and joy.

Laura said...

Happy May 21st 9:14am!
Might be a couple of days late but the sentiment remains the same.
I have my own 'day' 18th July 2005 still not figured out what it means to be given another shot at things but maybe one day...
Hope you had cake on Monday! :-D
Take care

Louise Gallagher said...

Thank you Nikky -- together, we can create a world of love and healing and peace.

Hugs

Louise Gallagher said...

thank you Judy! I too am grateful to have encountered you on my journey. You add such beautiful, soul-resplendent music in the key of LIFE!

Louise Gallagher said...

Thank you Ruth! I love the poetry of your words. Always.

Vivek said...

Hi Louise

What I can say ...you are a melodious bird ..I ever seen ...you made your pain n sorrow as your strengths to fight out these absurd things ..and come victorious ..Abuse of any kind is not tolerable ...we r all born to be loved ...those who choose otherwise pays the price.

Nice read ..n happy for you :)

Louise Gallagher said...

thank you Vivek! It is lovely to see you and to 'hear' your words of encouragement and hope and happiness.

Hugs

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you can remember that moment and celebrate how far down the road you are now. Congratulations!

Louise Gallagher said...

Thank you Annabelle! I appreciate your dropping by and your words. :)